Transport Terms & Conditions
- 1. Please ensure your horse has a passport and a copy can be provided to the driver along with current insurance certificate.
No Passport, No Travel - Full Fees still apply
- 2. You the owner are responsible for your horse at all times and liable for any damage caused by your horse during transport. You are also responsible for any items you wish to travel in the horsebox with your horse. You may inspect the vehicle for damage before loading and again when unloaded at destination.
- 3. During transport we advise that your horse wears either a sweat sheet or stable rug. We also advise that your horse wears either travel boots or travel bandages and a tail bandage.
- 4. Your driver will take every precaution to ensure your horse has a smooth and easy ride. If you are not travelling with your horse the driver must have a contact number should anything occur during transport i.e. traffic delays, so that communication is always maintained to avoid worry on your part.
- 5. Your driver will take all reasonable steps and precautions to avoid an accident. In the event of an accident you the owner are personally responsible / liable for your horse in the case of any injury sustained to or by your horse.
- 6. When the initial booking is made a time, place and destination shall be agreed. Also let us know if you require the driver to wait for a return trip as additional fees will apply.
- 7. Your driver cannot be held responsible for traffic conditions etc…. The driver is not held responsible for loss of entry fees or any other expenses lost in the event of delays due to traffic conditions.
- 8. Your driver reserves the right to refuse to transport your horse should your horse become: unsettled / distressed or show signs of illness, unless the horse is being transported to the vets for the condition, before or upon loading. The call out fee will still be charged.
- 9. Should the loading of your horse not be possible due to your horse not co-operating then the call out fee will still stand.
- 10. Should your horse take longer than 30 minutes to load then additional charges may be added to the final total. Should this happen your driver shall make it known to you.
- 11. Should your horse be difficult to load please let us know as we may need to arrive slightly earlier to avoid delays.
- 12. Should your horse become unsettled or injured during transport the driver reserves the right to call out an emergency vet. You will be liable for any veterinary fees and any delays incurred.
- 13. Payment to be paid before or on the day of transport either by cash or cheque supported by debit card.
- 14. Please contact us to confirm transport 24 hours before travel. Cancellations must be made 24 hours before, or within 24 hours of departure you will pay 50% of costs. Any contract cancelled within 12 hours of departure may be charged full amount of costs.
When your driver arrives for transportation we will ask you to sign the above Term and Conditions. Thank you.